About Mr. PHAM VAN HOAN , Assoc. Prof. PhD.
His positions at other entities include
- Mr. Pham Van Hoan, Associate Professor, Doctor of Nutrition Science. After graduating Hanoi Medical University in 1972, he had continuously been directly involved in conducting research and activities of nutrition and health care programs at General Department of Preventive Medicine.
- From 1980 to 2010, he was researcher of the program “Improving meal structure”, principal researcher, Head of Scientific Management of National Institute of Nutrition. He also joint National action plan on nutrition, National program to prevent child malnutrition, National Program on Prevention of Vitamin A Deficiency and Dry Eye, National strategy on nutrition.
- From 2011 to 2016, he was co-founder and Chairman of the Ethics Committee of Institute of Social and Medical Studies.
- From 2016 to present, he has been Vice Director and Chairman of the Ethics Committee of the Vietnam Institute of Applied Medical
- From 2010 to present, he has been Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Council of Nutricare Nutrition Joint Stock Company
- He participated in and chaired many national and international scientific conferences/conferences. He also published over 40 scientific research works and 12 books/textbooks on nutrition and health.
- He was the National Project Coordinator for FAO Master Training Projects between 1995 and 1999. Moreover, he was an independent international expert in many original research and evaluation projects on nutrition interventions and maternal and child health for many international and national organizations
- Associate Professor, 2007 – The State Council for Professor Title.
- Doctor of Medicine Degree of Nutrition and Dietetics at General Department of Prevention Medicine (1997-2001)
- “Food and Nutrition Advocacy” certificate of GTZ-SEAMEO-TROPMED in Indonesia in 1998
- Master Of Community Nutrition in Queensland University in Australia from 1989 to 1991.
- Specialist level I of Hygiene and Epidemiology in Hanoi Medical University
- Principle Investigator of research on Food Security and Nutrition in Households in 5 Northern Rural Communes in 1993 and 1994
- Principal Investigator of Completing the technological process of producing micronutrient-rich biscuits in public health care of National Science and Technology Programs of Ministry of Science and Technology in 2004 and 2005
- Standing member of the Board of Directors and Scientific Secretary of Research on some nutritional factors that are at risk of affecting public health and intervention solutions of National Science and Technology Programs of Ministry of Science and Technology from 2001 to 2004
- Standing member of the Board of Directors and Scientific Secretary of National Science and Technology Programs of Ministry of Science and Technology in 2004 and 2005
- Principal Investigator of Research on lipid nutritional disorders in adults in the community and some preventive interventions of National Science and Technology Programs of Ministry of Science and Technology from 2007 to 2009
- Principal Investigator of many grassroots-level projects and international cooperation.
Training & Teaching experience
- He participated in directing, drafting curriculum and directly teaching courses on nutrition and food. He also built a team of specialists in charge of nutrition and food for provinces and cities across the country.
- He was a lecturer of Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi University of Public Health, Thai Nguyen Medical University, Vietnam Military Medical University and Vietnam National University of Agriculture. He conducted scientific guidance for 4 masters and 5 doctorates majoring in Nutrition and Public Health.
- He was a lecturer training Doctor of Nutrition and Master of Community Nutrition in National Institute of Nutrition.
- More than 50 science articles were published in national and international scientific journals.
- He was a chief author and co-chief author of 8 published books.
Pham Van Hoan (2005). Phương pháp xây dựng kế hoạch, quản lý, theo dõi và đánh giá các dự án can thiệp dinh dưỡng ở cộng đồng, Medical Publishing House.
Nguyen Cong Khan, Pham Van Hoan (2007). Nhu cầu dinh dưỡng khuyến nghị cho người Việt Nam, Medical Publishing House.
Pham Van Hoan, Le Bach Mai (2010). Ăn uống theo nhu cầu dinh dưỡng của bà mẹ trẻ em Việt Nam, Medical Publishing House.
Pham Van Hoan, Le Thi Kim (2010). Phòng chống ngộ độc thực phẩm ở cộng đồng, Medical Publishing House.
- Awarded Medal “For the cause of Science and Technology” by Ministry of Science and Technology on 16/6/2000
- Meritorious Doctor title, 13/2/2003
- Awarded Women’s Rights Medal by President of the Vietnam Women’s Union on 14/6/2004
- Awarded the “For People’s Health” Medal by VietNam’s Ministry of Health on 28/5/2004
- Received Certificate of Merit from the Prime Minister on 15/10/2009